NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ–For the ninth consecutive year, the jazz scene is taking center stage in the city this weekend as the New Brunswick Jazz Festival takes place in several venues.
A kickoff celebration and dance party at Christopher’s (located inside the Heldrich Hotel) hosted by the NJ Chapter of Chicago Steppers, and features Valerie Adams and The New Dimensions Band.
The fun continues tomorrow with a variety of performances across the downtown.
Below is the schedule for tomorrow, Saturday, Oct. 5th:
- 6:30 PM – 11:30 PM, Dakota MacLeod @ Delta’s Restaurant – 19 Dennis Street
- 7 PM – 10 PM, Carrie Jackson @ Hotoke – 350 George Street
- 8 PM – 11 PM, The James White Band @ Makeda Restaurant – 338 George Street
- 8:30 PM – 11:30 PM, The Gordon James Band @ Christopher’s – 10 Livingston Ave
- 9 PM – 12 midnight, Madame Pat Tandy @ Panico’s Restaurant – 103 Church Street
- 10 PM – 1 AM, The JT Project @ Tula Restaurant and Lounge – 47 Easton Ave
And on Sunday, Oct. 6th, the big show at the Hyatt Regency Hotel will feature five of the biggest artists around. Below are the approximate start times:
- 1:00 PM – 1:45 PM – Brooke “Viosocalist” Alford
- 1:45 PM – 2:15 PM – The JT Project
- 2:30 PM – Robert Glasper
- 4:00 PM – Euge Groove
- 6:00 PM – Phil Perry with Bob Baldwin and Friends
Charlie is the founder and editor of New Brunswick Today, and the winner of the Awbrey Award for Community-Oriented Local Journalism. He is a proud Rutgers University journalism graduate, a community organizer, and a former independent candidate for mayor of New Brunswick.